(Charity Registered In Scotland : SC046151)
Find information about the Lumphanan Augmented Reality app here
The Lumphanan War Memorial was recently given an award
by The Scottish British Legion, for the way that it is maintained,
as shown below and here
Our AGM was held on Wednesday 21st Feb 2018, between 8pm and 9:30pm in the kitchen at the village hall.
We reviewed the activities over the past year and obtained approval of the annual accounts.
Achievements during 2017 :-
• Conversion of the former vestry into a kitchen including installation of a new electrical supply to the
• Building works including renewal of the roof over the toilets, renovation of toilets, upgrading the
path to the side of the church and repairs to the guttering
• Recruitment of four new committee members: Audrey MacLean, Debbie Joy, Rhona Cruikshank and Raymond
• Events including a storytelling evening and an antiques sideshow
• Major contribution to the Macbeth augmented reality information boards
• The year concluded with our best ever attended Christmas Carol Service
The committee would like to thank the many members of the local community who have contributed to these activities
The Stothert Memorial Centre is a Grade C listed building situated in
the village of Lumphanan, which is in North East Scotland. See the
entry for more information about the building.
After it stopped being used by the Church of Scotland in 2005, the church
was bought by the village so that it could be preserved.
It can be hired for weddings, funerals and other events
King Macbeth was beheaded near the village in 1057 after he lost his battle
against the future King Malcolm III.
Close to the site of the beheading is the Peel Ring
The Heritage Society has a Facebook page